Features of NutraBio L-Carnosine (500mg)
- May help minimize the effects of age-related decline. †
- Powerful antioxidant properties to help slow age-associated oxidative stress. †
- Supports muscle endurance in the elderly. †
- Supports healthy DNA function. †
- Slows the effects of age-associated advanced glycation end products (AGEs). †
- Supplies 500 mg of L-Carnosine per 1-capsule serving.
L-Carnosine (beta-alanyl-L-histidine) is a dipeptide of the amino acids beta-alanine and histidine. L-Carnosine is found in the brain, heart, skin, muscles, kidneys and stomach. L-Carnosine supports healthy aging and cellular rejuvenation by its effects on two mechanisms: Glycation and Free Radical Damage. Glycation is the uncontrolled crosslinking of sugar molecules to proteins and is implicated in loss of cell function, genome integrity and accelerated aging. L-Carnosine supports brain function by reducing lipid peroxidation and stabilizing cell membranes during the aging process.